About Me

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Axa Healthcare Demons and Stanner Stairlifts

I went away for the day to Durhum with Cath... which from the outset was destined to be hilarious in every way, as she has me in stitches constantly. The morning set off to an amazing start by a major miscommunication which resulted in me sitting in the station in Costa, and Cath going into the town to hunt for a Costa coffee shop in there... When we finally worked out where each other were (after an hour), we went to Cafe Rouge for lunch... which was DELICIOUS!!!

However, Cath then persuaded me to climb up the tower in the Durham Cathedral... I have not done exercise for years, so it nearly killed me. When I find the photographs I shall put them up because they are hilarious... I look half dead. I actually collapsed with exhaustion when I got to the top. I was lay on the roof of the cathedral trying to convince Cath that we weren't unfit, it was just the change in altitude, when 3 old women came sprinting out the door as if they had just lept off a stair lift... there is no possible way that those old women made it up those stairs... there were 375 steps... and you might as well double that number because they were massive double sized steps. I can only think of 2 possible ways that the women got up those stairs... one is that they got up there half an hour earlier and hid behind the door, and the other is that there was a Stanner stairlift that I just didnt see... Im hoping it was the second one... Iv always wanted to have a go on one of those things... It looks fun.

Down was alot easier and less stressful... still hurty on the knees though :(
So... me and Cath were just wandering towards the pound shop, about to have a bargin hunt when we were stopped in out steps by 2 men. They were stood in front of an Axa Healthcare stand. The one that did the most talking was horrible... greasy... he stank of alcohol... and was rude. And he wouldnt let us go... stupid scary man... In fact I think I am going to write a letter of complaint... right now... see you later!
xx x xx

No comments: